Thursday, September 1, 2011

Winnie's first year!

I am just a teensy bit late on a post I've been wanting to write, but better late than never! This is a very special time in our family--call me sentimental, call me plain ridiculous--but we are celebrating a year with our first child--Winston (aka Winnie aka WinnieBear aka Winstibear aka Winstontaneous aka The Winstigator. Yes I am nick name obsessed--just wait til I write about Clementine when we've had her for a year!)

Just a couple of weeks after moving in to our house last August, Steve made me a deal--when all the boxes were unpacked, we could get a puppy. I'd been whining about wanting one of my very own for the last 6 years and it was one of the things I was most excited for when we bought our house--my own puppy! Well then Steve through his back out in the move and if you know me, you know I suck at things like unpacking, being organized and motivating myself for things I don't want to do, but the idea of a puppy on the other end helped put my booty in gear and within a few short weeks, I had everything ready to go!

We looked at a few other dogs before meeting Winnie. I kept telling Steve the others weren't right and I was waiting for some feeling I couldn't explain. He was starting to doubt my illogical approach to puppy selection until we showed up at the humane society, he caught a glimpse of li'l Win and said "I think this is the one!' We took him out to the trial area and within moments he licked my face and I felt that thing--he was SO the one!

I may or may not have started crying when I came back across this picture. The moment we knew he was ours (and I think he knew too)!

New puppy doesn't even have his collar yet!

He LOVES to ride in the car, but always wants to be closer to mom and dad!

But he'd rather be the driver

Not long after we got him, Winston got to take his first family road trip to Palm Springs with mom, dad and uncle Jacob. He shows his excitement in face licks.


And here is where I introduce Winston to the customs of he Jewish roots.

He was excited about wedding day with so many new friends in the house, but for some reason he thought I had time to lay around with him all day long. Good thing the ceremony wasn't until 5:30!

Before the "pay attention to me" growling comes (see below), he makes this face

This is how I get the growling to stop

And when I ask Steve to take cute pictures of him so I can blog about our first year together, he poses in full cuteness

Winston makes me feel special every single day. I freaks the heck out when I walk in the door like he hasn't seen me in years. He cuddles right up to me and insists on touching me at all times. If he wants attention, he growls at me until I let him up on my lap--I'll have to post a video one day--SOOOO CUTE! He makes me smile, he makes me laugh, he sits with me resting his head on my chest when I cry. He brings so much joy to my life and I simply cannot imagine my life without him!

Love you Winnie! Happy 1 year anniversary--you turn 2 in one month! Holy cow, I guess that makes you an adolescent :O)

No comments:

Post a Comment