Wednesday, August 31, 2011

I love my life!

Today was one of those days. So many moments happened that made me look back and say "I love my life." I took a hard yoga class and worked my booty off in a totally different way than usual. I pushed through my soreness from the past two workouts and proved to myself that I could still challenge myself and not be a big baby!

Then I went to "work"

"It's supposed to be fun, that's why it's called a play!"

I am so lucky to love what I do. I love theatre. I love teaching. I love directing. I love choreographing. I love the inspiration that comes from working with children and I love the incredible students I have the honor of teaching every single day. Let me tell you, if you don't have days that you look at your "work" and feel pure joy, you have the wrong job. Don't get me wrong--there are bad days, and days I can't believe I was ever crazy enough to choose a career with so little stability, but it is all worth it 10 fold for days like today when I hold auditions and end up with twice as many talented kiddos as the last time! I really love my students. They make me so hopeful for the future!

Thhheennn I came home to Fajita Wednesday! My favorite. Wednesday nights I almost always teach until 8 (although once I start rehearsals every night will be a late dinner night) and Steve almost always has fajitas sizzling in the skillet by the time I get home. He makes the BEST fajitas. They're pretty much famous. Today, not only did I come home to delicious Mexican smells making their way through our home, but I came home to a clean and organized office! Steve managed to do about a bazillion tasks (including the dishes!) after work and the gym and STILL managed to cook me dinner! I am a lucky gal.

THEN I got good quality snuggling time with Winston and Clementine! Winston laid next to me, while Clem laid on my lap resting her little head on Winnie. So freaking cute. A picture wouldn't even do them justice.

I'm off to take the hubby out for some fro yo (he deserves it!) and spend the rest of my night making him feel special!

No comments:

Post a Comment